Sunday, October 22, 2006

Now Where'd I Put That Wrench????


This weekend was quite busy. I drove the Volvo to work on Friday due to heavy winds expected in the afternoon. They arrived so I was happy to be be in the car. I arrived home to find out there would be a wedding on Saturday evening. This is the time I usually mow the church lawn. I changed clothes and headed off. So much for a relaxing evening. It really needed to be mowed.
Saturday morning I woke up ready to install the new mailbox and paint the planter bricks. While digging the hole I hit and punctured the main waterline to the house. I was using a prybar to loosen the dirt. My first thought was "that rock doesn't want to move". When I pulled the bar up the water began to fill up the hole. I couldn't believe it. I hurried to find a wrench to shut the water off at the street. I had to leave this project to videotape Crystal's wedding and reception.
I arrived home with everything I needed to get this job done. I went to Lassen Lumber and they gave me some great advice. So I patched up my mistake and turned the water on 1/4 the normal pressure for about 4 hours. I left the hole open until I could check it this morning. Thankfully everything stayed entact overnight and no water in the hole.
Following church this morning I came home moved the mailbox, filled the hole and put on trim around the area. While I was working outside Tina and the girls were cleaning inside. Most of my day was spent cleaning the old decorative rock of grass and dirt. Grace came out at the end to help me. It turned out great!! I wish I was here tomorrow to see if the mailman notices. Worn out after all this but decided to start painting the bricks on the planter. I stopped because none of us like the color. We will get another color to more closely match the color of our house. I decided I had done enough for the day and have been on the couch ever since.
I have to be to work early tomorrow so I will call it a day.

Weather today was eighty-something degrees and was perfect for Grace and I as we worked outside. It is not suppose to rain until November sometime. Fall is such a great time of year.

-Norm

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.