Monday, October 16, 2006

Homecoming and Our House



On Friday I got off work early to attend the Homecoming Rally at Red Bluff High. Morgan borrowed our sumo suits for her entrance as a queen candidate. It was pretty funny and unexpected by the crowd. I couldn't help remembering my time in high school. I think I have done pretty well since leaving those halls. Another thought while sitting there was 'these kids have no idea what the future has in store for them". While this is true for everyone, high school students seem to be standing at a threshold of life and independence.
Friday evening Grace and I attended the game. Red Bluff got creamed 32-0. We left at halftime. The higlight of the evening was spending time with Grace. Grace had a hotdog and I had an excellent tri-tip sandwich. It sure felt good to go home.
The rest of this weekend was spent working on our house. Mostly the little touches that add curb appeal and flair. I spent quite abit of time assembling and hanging window screens and a new security screen on the front door. I am trying to get this outside stuff done before the weather changes. It is good to be back to work to get some rest.
We have a parent meeting tonight at Vista.
Weather today: Cloudy, sprinkly, and chillier. Fall and cooler weather have arrived.

-Norm

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.