Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Tina's Turn


The only time I've ever blogged was for school, but I felt it was time. With Norm safely settled in Knoxville, gainfully employed and on our way to being homeowners once again, (yes, sight unseen for me), it was time for me, Hope, Grace and Mitchell (yes, Mitchell) to move.

These past several weeks have been quite interesting. Norm and I have been married for so long, you grow accustomed to things. Gone is the person who takes out the garbage, checks the fluid levels, help raise the kids, dicipline Mitchell, finding my keys. No more 'honey, could you..'

I have talked big up to this point. Heck yea, I'm going to move along across country with the girls and Mitchell (yes, Mitchell). When I packed up the car (it took all three of us to close the trunk), reality sunk in. I was alone, going a way I've never gone, to house I've never seen, to a place I know only one person; my favorite person, but still just one person.

Our trip down to Disneyland was pretty uneventful with the exception of stopping at every rest area down the 5. It was like traveling with a pregnant lady in her third trimester after drinking a venti mocha (I have had a lot of time to think that analogy up). What normally took us nine hours took twelve.

By the time I got into Anaheim, I was exhausted. The week of very little sleep had hit. For past week I have been so worried that I would forget something major like taking the kids out of school or closing the bank account, forgetting Mitchell (well, that would be ok). I was so tired I couldn't find our motel. I was beside myself. I gave up a desparate prayer and within a few seconds I found myself on the right road about one quarter mile from our motel. Sometimes thats the way God does things, others not so fast.

I am still pretty tired from having to take Mitchell at four in the morning for a walk, but at least we made it here. Only 2200 miles to go.
-Tina

2 comments:

Buck said...

tina, what-up dawg. it was good to hear how things are going for you and mitchell please keep blogging. don't forget to call me with your new phone number and address unless you're looking to shaking me off your trail.

Kiminredbluff said...

Tina, I have NEVER blogged, does this really work? It is good to know that you are all together, safe and happy. What's in store for you in the immediate future besides nesting? I flew into Nashville on my way back from New York last month. I don't have a blog but you can email me at kiminredbluff@sbcglobal.net.
Love you guys, Kiminredbluff

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.