Wednesday, October 10, 2007

New Mexico

We made it to the place where Bugs Bunny kept messing up in all his cartoons; Albuerqueque New Mexico. New Mexico is really pretty if your into rocks. I was into rocks for the first two hours then I would have killed to see a tree. In NM, I woke up to take Mitchell on one his many many bathroom breaks, went outside to a glorious sight; about twenty hot air balloons above our hotel. I turned on the tv to see what was happening. I think we were the only people in the southwest to not know what was going on. It is a week-long hot balloon celebration held annually called the Fiesta Balloon Celebration. About 7oo,ooo people attend this event and it was spectacular. There were balloons of all colors and shapes; even a Darth Vadar one.

We rushed off to go check it out. Very cool.

In my rush I either left behind my cell phone or it has mysteriously disappeared in the car (if you saw the car, you would completely understand how this could happen). From this point on I no longer could contact Norm or anyone for that matter. On top of that we are staying at all motel 6s on the way since they are pet friendly. From Ca. on, no Motel 6 has wifi. When I asked in Oklahoma they didn't even know what I was talking about. So I have each morning (after taking Mitchell for a walk of course), I went in search for a signal to keep in contact with Norm. The strangest place was connecting to a gun club in Oklahoma City.

Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas were thankfully, uneventful. We have beening driving about six hours a day and then getting a room for the rest of the time. I am trying to time our arrival at the same time we move into the house. So we have been taking our time. We are now in central time zone and trying to get used the change. We spent the night in Russellville AK. It is very pretty. I do believe this is where my mom's relative's live. True arkies; you know, turkey feet nailed to the inside walls as decorations, holes in the floors, no plumbing. Yes, this is the sturdy stock I come from. My parents had visited a few years back and brought back video. It was unbelievable.

Memphis
We arrived in TN on Wednesday, ten days of travel. I have got some strange looks from hotel staff when I explain what we are doing. It sometimes overwhelms me too. Everything rests on my shoulders, and it weighs down on me. I thought I would be more sad on this journey but I have been so busy decided where and when to stop, what way to go, I haven't had time.

I bought girls MP3 players for the trip. This has been interesting; each girl singing at the top of their lungs to different songs. It is a lot like that scene in the movie RV. The girls have done great, it has been stressful on all of us and we have had our moments, but all in all, I could not ask for better traveling companions. If only one of them could drive. Some alone time would be nice too. I have had them and the dog only feet away from me the entire time. Oi vey.

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.