Monday, October 15, 2007

Tennessee Y'ALL

The night we spent in Memphis, I was able to get online and give Norm the number to where we were staying. It was great to hear his voice. To our suprise our house was closing earlier than anticipated and we could stay there the following night! The catch: I had to be in Knoxville by 2:45 that day. It it were just me, the four hundred mile trip wouldn't be a problem but, just before Knoxville the time changes to eastern time zone so we lose another hour. We were on our way at 7am and got there with 15 minutes to spare.

I met the best realtor ever: Lisa Tolman who has gone above and beyond for this little adventure. We went turned on water and electricity, picked up Lisa's thirteen year old daughter Hope has been emailing, and headed to our new house. It was weird to have to ask which one it was!

We all really liked it (okay the pink carpet and walls are a little much). It had everything we wanted. Hope is thrilled; she actually gets the master bedroom with her own full bathroom and we get the bottom floor to ourselves. Norm did a great job. It is about a country mile to the main town down a country road lined with brick colonials and it is only a 15 min drive to work for Norm.

So there we were, our new home that overlooks beautiful treed hills. I think I was so worried about the actual move out I didn't give the move in much thought. We pretty much still have just the clothes on our backs with no furniture and ways of communication. Alone in a completely new town without even a phone book. Norm tried his best to show me around. But with an area bigger that Sacramento, it will take awhile. The most frustrating thing is me. I want everything to come together today. I have to remind myself that it will all come together in time.

We have been here for a few days now, no phone (hey, we got a phone book), no garbage, no furniture. We did buy a washer. This is starting over at its definition. I have n0 way to cook (sure, I know that might sound great, but after while, its not). I am hoping to have a phone soon (although all our stuff is in storage in Sacramento, why, I don't know). We have only been able to get online at a fast food restaurant as well. Our speech definatly stands out. One girl stopped to listen to us talk (how does my realtor know its me as soon as I say hello).

The girls haven't started school yet. All we still have our summer clothes. And while the weather is just perfect (low 80s to mid 70s), we are not prepared.

But I complain. I really like Knoxville. I think I will like it even better when I get my bearings down. The house is great and the girls seem to be happy (who wouldn't be after 11 days in a car with Mitchell; he's fine too).

-Tina

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.