Sunday, October 21, 2007

Are We Home Yet?



We have now been here a week and a half. We finally got beds last night. You appreciate the little things when they are gone. We are buying things super slow -since we are debt free with the exception of a liveable mortgage, we are not putting anything on credit. I am telling you after "camping" indoors for so long, it was really tempting to not go for the 'no down payment no payments to 2008' thing.

I have now ventured out beyond the library and am starting to get my bearings. Hey, there is even talk about our stuff coming this Tuesday! Tonight we actually went into downtown Knoxville (about a eight minute drive from the house) and did the "touristy" thing. We went to the Sunsphere and World's Fair Park-all built for the 1982 World Fair hosted by Knoxville. It has a great view and is so nice to know there is tons to show visitors (if we get some). Downtown looks somewhat like San Francisco sans the fish smell and sourdough bread.

We did something that I would deem southern; we went to a home show. Imagine our suprise to walk in and find actual homes in the convention center. Mobile homes as far as the eye can see. Jokes on us. On the flip side the downtown area boasts gorgeous live theaters and beautiful stone cathedrals.

It so funny driving around looking at all the sights. I know I am here, but Norm and I both feel like we are still just visiting. I still can't believe we pulled this off. The girls seem real happy to. Grace was missing Red Bluff at first but now she keeps thanking me for moving here.

I went to register the girls at school. They are actually on vaction this next week so they will start next week. We went to Hope's school for drama club sign ups and she will audition for a play next week. She is very excited. Plus we found out the band is going to Disneyworld this April. What's pretty cool is without all the distractions, Hope and Grace (and all of us, for that matter) have gotten closer. Hey, its hard to fight with the only kid that sounds like you. We have quite a few people stop us and ask us where we are from.
-Tina

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.