Monday, October 29, 2007

It's Starting to Look Like Home

We had our first real-sit-at-a-table dinner. I made chili and fried green tomatoes. I thought it was befitting for our first southern meal. The girls are have started school. They both have about 900 students a piece. Hope was fortunate to have her new friend Hannah's area and home room. Her new classmates all assumed we lived by the beach (hey doesn't everyone?!). She is adapting well. Grace is a real trooper since she know no one in this state her age.

I have got lost a few times today. I wound up at the zoo, heading out to the smokies and going in the direction of South Carolina at certain points. I made a few people snicker when I asked if the hills were the Smokies. They informed me it was just a hill. Oh well. What is so great about this area is it has a lot of concerts. Switchfoot is coming next week and halloween night a Christian band Elevntyseven will be performing in the Walmart parking lot (which one-I have no idea).

With our stuff being slowly unpacked it is looking a feeling more like home. The weather is still good and everyday it seems the leaves change a little more. I have found my favorite grocery stores-I found one that carries every kind of grain and soy product. It's like Trader Joe's (my old favorite) only bigger. All the stores carry things I used to have trouble finding. While shopping at the store right down the street Grace came running down the aisle exclaiming 'they have grey sea salt'! Only my kids would get excited over cous cous and sea salt.

-Tina

1 comment:

micoll said...

Our kids love Eleventy-Seven - hope you can find the Walmart parking lot!
Mike feels sorry for our kids because no one sings like Dallas Holm or Matthew Ward, and says the music was better in the 70's!
Congrats on your new home!
Mike & Colleen

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.