Sunday, January 28, 2007

What's Been Going On...

To update everyone on our accredidation. On Monday I had the honor to taking one of the surveyors around to the various crews we have. Her name was Anita. She is from Illinois. We had a very nice time. I so enjoy showing off the crews and our program. On Tuesday we visited people who are in indiviual placement. That was fun. On Wednesday morning we visited a couple more crews we weeren't able to visit earlier. We were joined by the other surveyor, Larry. He was from Kentucky. As the morning went on we discussed Tennessee and our moving there. It sounded like our idea is a good one. Later that afternoon we received our Exit Review, it was very positive. The CARF surveyors can not tell you the final outcome. We must wait until we receive the report from the home office in 4-6 weeks. I am sure we will get the maximum 3 years. I really enjoyed these days, but boy were they exhausting! It felt very good on Thursday to be totally done with CARF.
On Thursday evening Grace had her first band concert. She is playing percussion. She did a great job! I am so very proud of her.
Friday evening was Family Movie Night at Grace's school. We watched CARS. It was the first night we used the new sound system. Everything went great and there was less things to set-up. That alone is a major benefit.
Yesterday was spent working on the house. We are turning in the water damage to our homeowner's insurance. It is just to bad to do ourselves. We repainted all the heating vents. They look brand new! I also had to fix the leaky toliet. The stopper was leaking causing it to run all the time. It is alot quieter now. I also screwed down the 8x8 planks that border our deck. It looks so good now.
Today I put new framing/molding around a door in the playroom. It definately looks much cleaner. Just needs paint.
The list of stuff to do is getting alot smaller, only a couple more things.

Busy, busy busy.

Also today our church voted to purchase a house next door. The is a home that has been landlocked. All surrounding property is owned by the church. It is a good deal and I cannot wait to see these fences come down.

I was speaking to my friend Dave (a fellow Volvo owner) about the fuel problems. He thought it might be a fuel sensor. The same thing happened to him and that was the culpret. It's about a $40.00 part. Let's hope that's all it is.

In case you haven't noticed I've added a few new links to the right. A couple are disability links and some coffee links. Enjoy.....

Weather today had been 60+ and beautiful. The ride to church was in the low 30's. Chillyyyyyyy.

-Norm

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.