Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Spin Has Spun


Friday at work was hobo chili day. Everyone brought a couple cans of chili, we mixed them all together and had lunch! The County CAO, several department heads and city council members came to serve my clients. It was awesome and went very smoothly. Prior to the chili feed we had the dedication of the memorial area for Corinne. When I got home it was time to get ready for Family Movie Night at Grace's School. We all watched "Over The Hedge". Once the movie was started it felt good to slow down.
Saturday was spent looking at Tennessee houses on the internet and doing a little work on our house. I also had to go to the church to pick up leaves and mow. The girls also took a few last rides on the gyro before it is sold.
Speaking of the gyro is no longer in our possession. It has headed south to a good home. I borrowed Pastor Paul's cherry picker to help load it on the truck. It always amazes me how these things work out. It loaded very easily. We needed to get this done while there was a break in the weather. Following the sale of the gyro we went for lunch at Hal's Eat'm Up and then on to Chico. We stopped at Family Christian Store and purchased Tina an Emery Cd. Then it was off to the evening service at Matthew's Cafe. It was very good. Following church we went to Kmart. Tina wanted a band type ring to wear while she is cooking and working at school. The jewelry dept. was having a 70% off sale. I also got a new watch. My old watch died. You know, I never realized how much I used the date feature on my watch until I didn't have it. It was dinner at Taco Bell and then home.
When we arrived home there was an empty place in the driveway were the gyro had been. We all had mixed emotions. I am looking forward to paying some bills and have a little bit of a cushion. I am also going to purchase spark plugs for the Aurora, a air filter for the Reflex, get a haircut, the Disney movie CARS and a coffee card for Tina.
Weather today: sunny but abit cloudy. It should be nice for the next couple days and then comes the rain.
Enjoy!
-Norm

1 comment:

Jay said...

They there. I thought I would leave a note to say Hello. I am just learning how to do this "blog thing". Hopw all is well.
JNOTES

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.