Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

This thanksgiving is going to be alittle different this year. Tina is working at The Experience with Chef Paul Trout. It is interesting and will probably be the way things will go from now on. We are in a life that revolves partially around food. Tina is really enjoying this! I think Chef really like having her there. She is increasing her skills with one of the best Chefs anywhere.
Today, I am reflecting on T-Days gone by. I remember big meals at Grandma's house. Aunts, uncles, cousins all gathered there. We would get huge cardboard boxes from the appliance/heating store next door and create tunnels in her backyard. Most of the time we would spend the night and the next morning wake to the smell of eggs and bacon. Grandma made the best! Grandma's house was always the host house. There was always a feeling of belonging and family. Our family suffered a big loss when she died.
This year Rachael and her family are living in New York (Toronto-this weekend) and we spending the day at home, later at Steve and Linda's. We will meet Tina this evening for dinner to have our own Thanksgiving Experience. That is the part I'm looking forward to the most. We are going to see if Aunt Teri would like to join us. I picked her up from the bus stop last night. She is up from Modesto for the weekend.
I am kinda on call all weekend long. We have people working at the Rest Areas and no one else is in town. That leaves me and my pager. It would be a pretty drive up there. This is one of the busiest traveling weekends of the year. I will be interested to hear how many rolls of toliet paper they go through. Maybe I'll ask if I go up. I hope they ordered enough.................

Happy Thanksgiving. We do have alot to be thankful for. We are blessed.

Weather: It is windy and pretty chilly. The sun is shining which is always a good thing.

-Norm

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.