Sunday, July 13, 2008

Tina's Birthday


My birthday is July 7th, but I was sick on my birthday. So when I got the Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary calls, (I not only share my birthday with my dad-RaChael and Buck's anniversary is the same day-RaChael said it's because she has a poor memory for dates, and that's why she got married on our birthday) I kind of think of my birthday is our family's all-purpose day. Anyway, when the calls came, I announced I didn't know what they were talking about-it was not my birthday. After some long pauses, I explained that I could not possible be sick on my birthday therefore, it must not be my birthday.

We celebrated my birthday on Saturday. Norm and I went to a local farmer and bought tomato plants and then bought pepper, squash, mint, eggplant and zucchini plants to grow in our garden Norm finished constructing. Yes, I know how late in the game it is, but I wanted to try my hand at it before fall planting. Norm had to hurry and get it done, so we could catch the rainfall.

I have been completly jonsing for sushi again. I had purchased the special stuff to make it, but just hadn't tried to do it. Why not on my birthday. For my first attempt I made very simple rolls: California rolls and Smoked Salmon rolls. (Hope made herself some spaghetti) Okay, so they weren't as pretty as the rolls at the Stir Fry Cafe, but they turned out wonderful. I am inspired and am excited about expanding my menu. So good.

Afterwards, we went to a drive in movie theater to see Meet Dave and Wall E. The girls had never been to a drive in movie and I think Norm and I were first married when we saw our last one. So we made homemade popcorn (you have to-it's a part of the fun), grabbed my store bought cake (sad, I know) and headed for the movies. It stopped raining on the way which was good. We got a good spot. Nowadays, you just tune in your car radio to the station to hear the movie. This I am sure is much more cost effective, but I missed the clunky speaker you hang from the window. Next week they are playing Journey to the Center of the Earth. Hope announced we would be seeing this one as well. Forget the fact that she was at the premere and that we saw it just yesterday-hey, at least we still have our 3-d glasses. It was a lot of fun.

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.