Monday, July 14, 2008

Wanna Play Disc Golf?

I recently discovered Disc Golf (a.k.a. Frisbee golf). There are three courses here in Knoxville and they are all free to play. I have driven past one of them at least once a week. Sometimes more often than that.
While trying to learn more about this game, I discovered my friend Mark and his sons play. I joined them for the first time a week ago. I wasn't very good, but it was great just to be there. I agree with Mark, it's not about the score, it's about community.
Prior to the game, I purchased an Innova set of discs that included a Leopard fairway driver, Shark mid-range driver and an Avitar putter. I've read about a couple more discs I'd like to buy. The discs average about $10.00 each. Some are more, some less.
If you have never played I would encourage you to give it a try. It is good exercise, challenging and great to be outdoors. It seems there are courses all over the country most of which are free to play. Morningside, Victor Ashe, and Admiral Farragat are the three local courses. We played 18 holes at Morningside. Soon, I would like to try Victor Ashe. The first hole is throwing across water. I've heard players frequently misjudge that hole and have to go swimming. -Norm


Here's a link on how to play.http://www.disclife.com/whatis.shtml

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's play a round when we come to Knoxville.

Buck

norm said...

I was hoping we could and was going to ask you. Do you have discs? -Norm

Buck said...

No, but I will pick some up when we get there.

Buck

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.