Tuesday, September 05, 2006

JoshFest-Summer Camp For Families!



We returned yesterday from Joshua Fest in Quincy. It was a great weekend filled great concerts, ministry and family time. We arrived late on Friday evening, just before 10:00 Pm. Our goal was to see Skillet. They were scheduled to play at 10:00. We had a previous goal of seeing Family Force 5 at 7:15 but didn't make it (bummer!). The JoshFest staff does an amazing job! They allowed us to park our car out front and unload following the concert. Then they transported all our stuff via golfcarts to our campsite. We set up camp in a horsebarn. It was nice except the mosquitoes. We lived with them.

Skillet was great!

Saturday morning included a Praise and Worship service and getting acclimated to our surroundings. The afternoon lineup was incredible! Transistor Radio,
The Finalists-I had never heard this group before. They were good.
I needed a shower so I missed Paul Wright.
Krystal Meyers-
Dizmas-These guys also do a great concert! I have seen them the past three years.
Falling Up-I enjoy this band.
Hawk Nelson-This has to be our family's favorite. We were allowed into the Youth Pastor's interview session. These guys are great musicians who happen to be Christians. I love good, fun, positive music.
Pillar-Their first time at this festival. I didn't really know what to expect. I did not walk away disappointed. Their drummer was awesome!

Sunday began with Praise and Worship that was truely annointed and the message "Who's Your Daddy". It was a great time of being together with so many different family members from so many different churches and areas.
EverStaysRed-a personal favorite of mine. They have a new cd coming out in October, can't wait to get it!
Inhabited- I hadn't heard of this band either. They have a female lead singer.
Storyside B-
Disciple-
Project 86-
Seventh Day Slumber-I had only heard their music on the radio. I kept finding myself thinking "oh they did that song...". As part of their concert the lead singer Joseph shared his testimony. What an incredible time of ministry. The Holy Spirit was there walking and working among us. Whew!
Thousand Foot Krutch-These guys never disappoint. A great way to end an incredible festival.

Hats off to Aaron, Chris and the whole crew who put JFest together. Also all the bands for their hearts and desire to minister to people.

Weather today-101 degrees and clear today. The mornings are staying cooler longer. It was alittle chilly on the ride in today.

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.