Monday, February 27, 2006

The Presentation

At 1:00 PM today we recognized another care provider hero. She has retired due to "burn out". I have come to value her role and her friendship.
Each day I supervise my employees and then go home. At the end of their day, they go home where someone makes sure they remain safe, while also teaching life and independent living skills. When a resident/client gets a job or their own apartment/home in the community there is joy and sadness all at the same time. Alot has been expected of them but they have rose to the occasion. It is a team effort with each person doing their part. I truly believe it is not everyone who can provide these types of supports.
It was an honor to recognize another support person. As expected there were tears, hugs and cheers. She finished well.

-Norm

Weather today: 52 degrees and it rained all day long.

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.