Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Driver's Seat

I drive a Volvo. It is an older Volvo 240. We bought it from some friends. As with the ownership of any older vehicle, some re-assembly is required. This was the case with the driver's seat. It was such a gradual thing. One day the seat seemed to be fine. A few days later I noticed my back was hurting. I ending up spending most of last Saturday taking it apart and fixing it. It required the replacement of a bolt in the frame underneath and two screws to join the back support together (originally riveted). I couldn't see the problem until I got inside the seat. The weird thing is that I didn't start noticing the problem until the pain appeared. Then upon visual inspection I came to the conclusion "hey this thing needs to be taken apart!" I think life gets like this sometimes. I had a gradual problem that I didn't see as a problem. I was buzzing down the road at 70+ miles an hour while my comfortable situation is falling apart. It takes an inward view. I am happy to say, Monday's drive to work was alot more comfortable knowing I had dealt with the problem.

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.