Sunday, September 23, 2007

Celebrating Two Weeks!


Tomorrow I will have been in Knoxville for two weeks. My first day of work was last Friday. I received a brief overview of client/resident files and then toured a couple houses. There is alot to this job, mostly quality assurance and making sure all documentation is complete and up to date.
When not working I have been looking at houses and/or areas to live. I think we have narrowed it down to two areas. Powell or Halls. Both areas are in north Knoxville and are known for their good schools.
I attended City On A Hill Church again today. I really like it there. The pastor's message this morning was on suffering and how God allows it to make us better. I also enjoyed the worship.
During one of my many excursions during these past couple weeks I came across a discount Christian bookstore. I purchased the EPIC dvd by John Eldridge. He is the author of Wild At Heart, a book that caused quite a comotion in the church back home. John presents the gospel in four acts. It is a great presentation and one I will share with Buck when we get together. I have been watching over the last week.
I also purchased a few cd's at bargain prices. I have been listening alot to Leeland-Sound of Melodies. Stand out songs are "Carried To The Table" which is a song about communion and "Yes, You Have" about how Jesus has stolen our hearts. Everything on this cd is great! I also purchased Tait-Empty, Dizmas-On A Search In America, Family Force Five-Business Up Front, Party In The Back.
Today, I am going to take a look at a couple more houses in Halls, so I better go do that. After that I'm gonna seista for the rest of the day. Life is good here. It will be even better when the family arrives and we purchase a house.

Weather today about 90 with a nice breeze. Only suppose to be 67 degrees tonight. Perfect.

-Norm

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.