Monday, September 10, 2007

I Made It To Knoxville!


O.K. I left last Thursday (9/6) at about 3 Pm in the afternoon. I drove that night as far as Winnemuca, NV. Beginning mileage from Red Bluff was 262480 on the Volvo (don't worry Volvos go forever!). I stopped briefly to gas up in Reno. The next morning (9/7) I started out at 6:00 Am and drove until 7:30 Pm when I stopped at Laramie, Wyoming. The mileage that day was 262868 to 263449. I stopped and gassed up in Elko, NV. On Saturday (9/8), I drove the width of Nebraska, stateline to state line only stopping for gas in North Platte, Neb. and Percival, Iowa where I spent the night. Mileage that day was 263449 to 264248. Sunday, I started out at 6:30 Am to drive through Missouri and Kentucky, only stopping for gas in Boonville, Mo. and Paducka, Ky. I spent the night last night somewhere near Hopkinsville, Ky. Mileage for Sunday was 264248 to 264885. I arrived in Knoxville today (9/10)ending mileage 265185. I booked a hotel online and when I arrived it is on Knoxville's eastside. I took everything of value out of the car. I went to Wal-Mart to buy clothes for my interview tomorrow. It's bedtime in Tennessee. Good night.

It rained a little this evening and 50 % chance of showers in the morning.

-Norm

1 comment:

Jay said...

Let us know how your interview went. Glad to hear you made it. Read this to Mom. She was happy I did. Jay

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.