Monday, September 17, 2007

I Got A New Job!


Well I received the call today offering me a job at Sertoma Center in Knoxville. I am being hired as a Residential Coordinator and will oversee about 8 residential homes for people with disabilities. It sounds similiar to what I had been doing at the Opportunity Center, but on the residential side rather than vocational. I am very excited! I must have TB and drug tests before I can start working. I will put a link to Sertoma on my "Sites I Like To Visit" list. Go check it out.

I have been going all over Knoxville trying to get a feel for the area and the best places to buy a house. Some places are good, some places are not as good, but I really like this place. The weather has been exceptional! 85 degrees during the day and about 60 degrees at night. Perfect.

I attended City On A Hill Church on Sunday. It is a Foursquare Church reaching out to Knoxville. I really enjoyed the worship and the pastor's message. They have a website http://www.cityonahillchurch.com/ I wasn't the only recent California transplant in the congregation. There was another couple that moved 2 months ago from Burbank, California. After church Pastor Tony came up to introduce himself and asked me some questions about being there today. I told him about the interviews and our family moving to Knoxville. Together with the group standing around us, we asked God to provide employment and help us with the move. Today I got the call about the job and spent the afternoon/evening with the realtor. How cool is that????

God promised that He was going before us and not to worry. He is doing just that. I trust Him to show us which house would be the best for us. I met with our agent this evening and we toured a few homes. I really liked a couple of them. We are going to meet again tomorrow. I can't wait!

I think that's all the news for now.

-Norm

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.