Friday, September 07, 2007

I'm On My Way


Last Friday was my final day at the Opportunity Center. It was happy and sad all at the same time. We partied all afternoon and then it was time to say our final good-byes. My staff are the greatest and they put together such a great event!
That evening we left for Joshua Fest! As always it was an incredible weekend filled with incredible bands. It was also a great distraction after leaving the O.C.
I left yesterday around 3:00 Pm for Knoxville. I drove for about 7 hours making it as far as Winnemucca, Nevada . This morning I awoke about 5:30 Am and started driving again at 6:00 Am, grabbing a sausage biscuit and coffee at McDonald's. My driving day ended at 7:30 Pm in Laramie, Wyoming. I decided to get a room and am staying here at the Travel Inn. It appears that the University of Wyoming is having a football game tonight and all alumni were invited, which meant rooms were kinda scarce and it's a Friday night. My biggest concern before I left Red Bluff was the Volvo. I am thankul that it has been running great and no problems! This confirms what I felt like God spoke to me earlier, that He is going before us and making a way. I trust Him to do just that.
Thursday was a sad day. I woke up early to meet the movers. Tina brought the girls by for final hugs. I cried and Hope did to. I'm really going to miss my family. After all the car stuff I left my family in Red Bluff head for our future.
Weather today in Wyoming, about 80 degrees and clear BIG skies. I refuse to "Cowboy Up" while I'm here.

Leaving Laramie......

-Norm

1 comment:

Jay said...

Hello Bud,
It was good to see you on Tues. Have a safe trip. Glad to hear your travels are going well.
My coloring book will be camera ready by Tues. and ready to print. Looks like it going to really happen this time. Jay

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.