Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Spots and Wrinkles

We have a very temperamental clothes dryer. I do not like wrinkled shirts or clothing. A standard practice I have is to "fluff" the wrinkles out by placing them in the dryer for a short time. Over the past few months our dryer has not always been heating up. When items are put in it can take them quite awhile to get dry, if they dry at all. (I've replaced knobs and switches chasing the problem down).
Wrinkles in my life are imperfections and make me look unkept. Spots are embarrasing spills that we wear. They require a cleaning agent, something to get the spot out. Wrinkles can require heat and tumbling = keeping the faith through tough situations. But the spots require a cleaning agent to help us come clean. This cleaning agent is the blood of Jesus that takes away the sins out the world.
My personal goal is to be spotless and no wrinkles. I believe this is Jesus' goal for me as well. Ephesians 5:27 speaks of the great days ahead......"and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless". A former pastor of mine presented a math problem that I still think about from time to time. It goes like this:

a blackened sin filled heart + red blood of Jesus = cleansed/made white as snow

Spotless and wrinkle free should be the goal of every Christian. What would a radiant Church look like if we truly and honestly pursued wrinkle free and spotless lives? We will be presented to Him one way or the other.

-Norm

Weather today: gusty winds, 45 degrees and snow at low elevations. Happy March Day!

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.