Thursday, December 14, 2006

Yesterday-A Day of Memories

I received two special visitors yesterday. The first was a man named Brian. He works in the printing industry. Brian and I both have the same former employer. Our former employer was a person who was able to play any role when needed. This person had a very explosive temper. I worked there for over four years just to provide for Tina and I. We had a number of press operators that were great. They made it bareable there. It was nice to reflect with Brian on those times, but mostly as a reference point about how times have gotten better and how we have improved over the years.

The second visitor was Michelle. She was our clerk when for the printshop at the O.C. years ago. Last week I told was telling my daughter about Michelle and her sail boat. It has been about 10 years since I had seen her and the week after my story, she appears. It was great to see her, meet her husband Jim and their five month old son, Jimmy. We went over and saw Marc at the City. I also had a chance to share with Michelle the improvements we have made at the Opportunity Center.

It was truely a great day that ended with Tina receiving a re-imbursement check. We now have money for Christmas!! We celebrated with a trip to Baskin-Robbins for ice cream.

Weather today: wet drizzly and I had to drive the car. Weather next week is suppose to be sunny and dry. Waitin' for it.........

-Norm

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.