Sunday, February 04, 2007

I Fixed It....

A couple weeks ago the timing belt snapped on the Volvo. I have been riding the scooter back and forth to work since then. I now have put over 10,000 miles on the scooter. I researched how to replace it on the internet. I also tried to find a book but there wasn't one available in town. There are a couple great places to find Volvo repair info on the internet. I started this project yesterday and ran out of daylight and steam. I put the new belt on and put most of it together. I hopped in and turned the key but it didn't start. I was a little disappointed. But I will try again tomorrow.
Today following morning worship I came home and started back at it. At about 2:30 this afternoon I climbed in and it started!!! I had to take everything apart again and checked the Top Dead Center (TDC) marks. I also had to take the #1 plug out the find TDC. I think I was 180 degrees out on my first try. I called Steve and he walked me through some troubleshooting. It works and it sure feels good to have it done. I did it myself! Tina and I took it for a spin to the store. All's well!!!
We are going to dinner this evening with the Greer's. They are going to Haiti this week and we are celebrating the return of the Volvo. This should be fun!!!

Weather today about 55 degrees and beautiful. No rain in sight, but we are now ready for it when it decides to.

-Norm

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.