Friday, July 28, 2006

I Passed!

Yesterday I took my motorcycle license drivers test. It was at 4:00 PM, in the heat of the day. Yesterday's high was 110 degrees. The DMV instructor was pleasant and had a great sense of humor! I did well on the actual driving part. I can now drive at night, carry passengers and ride on the freeway. With this new license also came the purchase of a new helmet for the passenger. We purchased a Bell Bandito. When we got it home and went to take off the packaging, I noticed the following sticker "Caution:use care when removing packaging from the helmet to avoid injury or damage to the helmet". I am sure it is made to withstand a great amount of pressure and abuse so to think that by simply removing the plastic case from around the helmet I could damage it. Weird!
My first ride on the freeway was a great one. I thought big trucks doing 60-70 mpgs would be more of a problem but nothing out of the ordinary just keep both hands on the handlebars!

Current weather: Expected high of 95 degrees today and beautiful. This is alot better than the three digit temperatures we have been having. It's gonna be a great weekend!

-Norm

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.