Wednesday, July 12, 2006

God; Strong and Loving

I am re-reading Wild At Heart by John Eldredge. I just finished Chapter 2. At the end of this chapter he has posted this verse: "One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you O God are loving. Psalms 62:11-12.

In reference to Wild At Heart, the point is being made that we as men need to be strong. There is definately a place for this. I love camping and the outdoors. I have a newfound love for motorcycle riding. While I do not consider myself a manly-man, there are times when I need to be strong at home and at work.

The other side of God is His love. I desire to be a loving husband and father. Also a caring and compassionate boss and case manager. When I speak I hope there are two things that are heard, I am strong. As with God a defender of the weak. That I am loving and tender in all areas of my life.

I look forward to an upcoming motorcycle ride with my friend Bill to Lassen Volcanic National Park. I am looking forward to an upcoming family trip to southern California to watch my daughters in their showcases. Strong and loving.

Current weather: 104 degrees and a slight breeze.

-Norm

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.