Monday, April 23, 2007

Spring Break For Cowboys

What a busy weekend! On Friday morning I had to be in Redding early to attend the Christian Businessmen's Commitee Leadership Breakfast at the Holiday Inn. It was great! A customer had purchased an entire table and invited us to go. The keynote speaker was Joe Kemp, former San Fransisco 49er. He delivered a very challenging message. Following breakfast I visited a couple of my crews and went back to the O.C. to review timecards. I left early that day.
I received a call a few weeks ago about my interest in parking cars at the Red Bluff Round-Up. My answer at that time was I'd have to check with PTA. At our monthly meeting it was confirmed PTA was not interested. They found another group to park cars and I was asked to supervise and teach them how to do it. We were responsible for the front lot at the Tehama County Fairgrounds. I had coordinated parking at the monster truck nationals and the rodeo as well. I know how to coordinate both front and back lots.
I arrived at the fairgrounds on Friday at 12:30 Pm and the crew started showing up at 3:30. We parked cars until almost 8:00. On Saturday is was extremely wet weather and very windy making it a pretty nasty time. Sunday was quite abit dryer, but parking cars difficult while trying to dodge all the puddles. We started at 10:30 and ended at about 2:00 on both Saturday and Sunday. When we finished I went inside the rodeo grounds to releave Tina of her ushering duties. By the time Sunday evening arrived we were both pretty tired.
I am taking the rest of the night off. Grace and I went for a very long bike ride tonight, that was the only thing I had planned.

I think tomorrow I will mow the lawn.

Weather: a fantastic day. The ride to work today on the scooter was a little chilly, but the ride home this evening was great! I received a few waves from riders going the other direction.

-Norm

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.