Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Need For Heroes

This weekend I attended a reunion for students of Sierra Christian Academy. I attended this school from first through ninth grades. It changed administration in my tenth grade year and eventually closed. Every two years a reunion is organized for all former students of the school. It was held this past weekend.
Our family was extremely involved with this school and spent many summer days helping to clean, build, paint or doing whatever was needed. We were also close to the administration and teaching staff. Several were in attendance at this reunion and all set at the same table. I watched as they laughed and recalled memories. The thought struck me these are some of my heroes. I can remember days when the school did not having enough money to pay a bill and they would call the student body together for prayer. Someone then went to the mailbox and there was a check for the exact amount that was needed. This happened on several occasions during the 9 years we attended. The hours spent in prayer for students. God used them to impact my life and countless others. In Hebrews 11 we read about great heroes of the faith, this weekend I saw a few more that could be added to the list. These heroes have encouraged me in my faith. I thank God for them.

Weather today: 105 degrees with a warm wind blowin'. This is why I live here!

-Norm

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.