Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hollywood.....in Knoxville?

Each year Knoxville hosts a red carpet Hollywood movie premiere as a fundraiser. This year the movie was Journey to the Center of tne Earth. It is the first ever made live-action 3D movie. It stars Brendan Fraiser (Mummy movies, George of the Jungle) and Josh Hutcherson (Bridge to Teribethea, Zathura).
Going to church at a movie theater, we tend to be in the know about upcoming events. As soon as Hope spotted the poster she decided she wanted to go. For the next week after she bought her ticket she tried to convince her friends to go. Unable to persuade the parents, she was perfectly comfortable going it alone (I was not so comfortable).
The sold out premiere seven hundred ticket event was held at the Pinnacle 18 theater that houses 3 IMAX theaters along with regular theaters. I suprised Hope with a cut and style for the big night. When we arrived we were greeted by police and were only allowed to enter the parking lot by showing the pass. TV news crews, radio stations along with a live band joined the throng. After walking down the red carpet, Hope went in to enjoy a catered dinner.

After dinner she was able to greet the stars and was able to get a seat in the first row. The stars along with the director spoke about the film and then they showed Journey to the Center of the Earth. Afterwards they had six drawings and wouldn't you know Hope won a $50 gift certificate.


Hope made friends with the girl sitting next to her, but the real highlight for her, came after everything was done. I had asked someone in charge how long would the event be; he told me 9:30pm; he was mistaken. I got a text from Hope at 9:00pm asking us where we were. Panicked, I texted her back and go over there as soon as I could.
In the meantime, while Hope was waiting, Josh Hutcherson came out and struck up a conversation with Hope. They talked about his movie he just finished filming (one of her favorite book series) and he told us where he lives; incidentally, he lives about 3 1/2 hours north of us in KY. So when I drove up expecting an angry teenager instead I got a beaming girl. She could not have had a better night. -Tina

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.