Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

What a great day it's been! Our day started out by attending church at Crossings. Our pastor is on vacation, so the Worship and Creative Arts pastor spoke. He was continuing a series about life's biggest questions. I think it was the best explaination of Calvinism and Armenianism I have every heard.

Following church we went shopping for lunch. I had requested BBQ hot dogs. I got a brand new grill for Father's Day. I had to assemble it which took part of the afternoon.

As I was on my way to the garage, Grace stopped me and handed me a hat she had created. I am a Jimmie Johnson (NASCAR) fan. She made it last night before going to bed. I love it!

While I was in the garage Hope came down and put a cd in the player. It was the soundtrack to O Brother Where Art Thou? We all really like that movie so it was a great suprise and made the assembly all the more sweeter! When I was finished we fired up the new grill for hot dogs and turkey burgers. Tina suprised me with one of my favorites.... potato salad. When we moved from California we sold our grill at our yard sale. It is so great to have a new one.It will get alot of use.


We also purchased a badmitton set. Grace and Hope tried it out this afternoon. We all played this evening and had a great time until it was just to dark to see the birdee.

It has been a wonderful Father's Day! I am so blessed with such a great family.

-Norm

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.