Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dogwood Arts Festival

I must first start off by saying a shout out to our Lady Vols who won the championship in women's bastketball (they are on the cover of Sports Illustrated).

One more thing......you know you are from the south when
Dolly Parton does PSAs about major road closures.
Okay, Knoxville has kicked off their annual Dogwood Arts Festival. When I have inquired about what this was, I get puzzled looks and the 'you-aren't-from-around-here-are-you?' statement. Right now Knoxville is peppered with beautiful blossoms and
there are over seventy miles of trails dedicated to the viewing of the dogwoods. We have been on some of them. Plus they have begun sundown in the city, a larger but similar thing Red Bluff has like on Wednesday night. It's focus, though, is on local artists and each Thursday the stores stay open a little later. The farmers market starts April 26th and I can't wait. -Tina

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.