Sunday, November 18, 2007

Getting to Knoxvul (that's how you say it)



Like Norm had said, we visited a great new church; yesterday we met with the church to pack meals for Meals on Wheels. We packed 2ooo boxes! It was fun and a good way to get to know our new church family. Our church will be doing some sort of outreach every other week. Plus, they will be starting home groups at the first of the year.

A couple of things we've discovered this week. We signed up for our library cards. We have ten libraries; all interconnected. I am in heaven. The closet library is a beautiful stone interior/exterior with a fireplace and huge windows that over look the trees. I could stay there for hours. So far, I have hit three of the libraries. Click on the post title above to visit the Knox County Libraries website.

I also, along with the girls, got caught in a storm. Not a look-at-the-gentle rain kind of storms- a Jesus-help-me-I-can't-see-the-road storm. I was visiting a nearby town. And yes, I knew a it was supposed to rain. But this was beyond "rain". The lightening was incredible-light up the sky stuff. I should have known; the day started with what I believe was freezing rain. Later, I found out there was a tornado that had hit west TN. Once we made it home (after passing two accidents), it was fun to watch out of the big window in the living room.

-Tina

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.