Tuesday, May 20, 2008

California Here We Come...

I am (finally) graduating from Shasta College.

I will now have an A.A. in Hospitality with a concentration in Culinary Arts. We decided to celebrate this occasion by going back to Cali for my graduation. Silly as it sounds, I really wanted to walk with my classmates. I took my last final the day we left but I am still in school (blogging) and have my last test on Thursday the day before I graduate. So while the girls are swimming I am doing homework. We decided since we were so close (yeah, right), we would take a little detour to Disneyland (the silliness just keeps getting sillier).

We drove to Nashville Airport even before I go to work (1:30am) and took a flight into San Francisco picked up the rental car and drove to Anaheim. Ah, the golden waves of ......weeds. The apmosphere hit back as we left SFO. Knoxville was about 75 degrees and overcast when we left. LA was 100 degrees and cloudless. I traded blossoming trees, rolling green hills for, well if you have been down I5 you know what I mean. I suprised myself how much I was missing TN (and maybe Mitchell a little; he is staying at a friend's house and has already been to DL).



The first day here we went to Disneyland California Adventures and had a blast. It was pretty crowded but we got to go on everything and had sourdough bread to boot (that and avocodo is what I miss food wise). The following day we tackled Disneyland and had a great time. We saw Bill Hill and the Hillbillies a few times (I guess I was missing people saying y'all). We crammed as much as you could in a day. Fun, fun, fun. It was great to have Norm there and no Mitchell. We handled the time change pretty well and had a great time I think secretly we are all looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. -Tina

3 comments:

Jay said...

Hey, when you're in town let's plan to have dinner either Thurs pm or the weekend. j

Anonymous said...

Hey, when you are in town let's go to dinner on Thurs pm or the weekend. J

Anonymous said...

So how did you get ya'll name on the sign???

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.