Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Three Years Ago....

I've allowed an important date to pass unnoticed. As of September 12, 2010, I had been in Tennessee for three years. I left California late afternoon on the Thursday after Labor Day in 2007 heading toward Tennessee and a job interview. I arrived in Knoxville on Sunday evening. I went to work for the agency I drove 2,500+ miles to interview with and then began the search for our new home. My family and our dog, Mitchell arrived a month later. We purchased a home and settled in.

During these three years, Tina was hired at a drive thru coffee business. She later left and was hired at Starbuck's. I left that orginal job and was hired at another agency working my passion, employment for people with disabilities. The girls have attended and changed schools (elementary to middle school, middle school to high school), looked for and found a way to use their talents in singing and acting.

We also found a fantastic faith community, Crossings and have plugged in.

We got a second dog, Annie.

As I said earlier, I left my original Tennessee employer and am now working as a Supported Employment Coordinator at an agency in Oak Ridge. I enjoy assisting people with finding community employment and networking with employers. In a "down economy" we have helped 13 people to become employed and more are in the works.

Tina is employed as a Barista/Trainer at the Knoxville Airport and does a very good job. She is also the family taxi driver, driving the girls to their activities and practices. I generally pick them up in the evenings.

We enjoy Tennessee and there are many roads and areas still undiscovered by our family. Thankfully, I think we'll be here for a while. We will discover those places in the not to distant future. We'll tell you about what we find and see.

We're mighty glad to be here and very, very happy............

-Norm

weather today: 73 degrees and beautiful.

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.