Saturday, October 04, 2008

The End Has Come

Well, yesterday marked the final day of my 30-day resignation notice at Sertoma Center. Part of the responsiblities in my now former role as a Residential Coordinator was doing House Visits/Inspections. We were required to be in the homes at least one time per shift per month. The majority of my homes had three shifts per day, two shifts during weekend hours. I finished out my final day doing my third shift visits. I started at 11:00 Pm on Thursday and finished at almost 4:00 Am on Friday. I took the opportunity on Friday to have a staff Thank You Get-Together with my team of house managers. It was great to be together! They all do such a great job! Putting all they have into assuring their residents are well taken care of. It has been my honor to assist and support them in what they do. I will miss them. I had the priviledge of working with two other RCs. They are incredible people. We handled everything from on call duties, staffing houses to delivering cars to homes for weekend outings. I will miss them as well. A difference in management styles, among other things made it necessary for me to find other employment. This past year has been a challenge. I am returning to employment training and will be working at Emory Valley Center in Oak Ridge. I am totally excited about this new adventure! I have been reflecting on my drive across the United States last year heading toward an interview at Sertoma. Unsure of what would be waiting on this end. Thankfully, I was hired and we have been able to reestablish our family in a new area . Now, onto a new chapter in this the story of our lives. -Norm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Norm, my friend, it was an honor and privilege to serve with you at Sertoma. As you know, I ended my tenure there a bit more dramatically, due to the management style, because of which we both left. But, that is in the past. It is Sertoma's loss and Emory Valley's gain.

I look forward to continuing the connection through life.

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.