Monday, May 22, 2006

A Fun Answer To High Gas Prices

Last Friday we purchased a Honda Reflex Scooter. It is a 2002 with 400+ miles on it and in near mint condition. I have been riding it pretty much all weekend. On Thursday I went to DMV and took my written test for a motorcycle license. I passed. The permit is good for 1 year. I can't take passengers, ride at night or on the freeway. I will be taking the driver's test soon. This scooter is a 250cc and gets 80 mpg! It will be perfect for my 40 mile commute to work. Until I get my license I can take backroads to avoid the freeway. I am looking forward to this. I purchased a quality helmet from the local Yamaha dealer and need to buy gloves. On my ride home after purchasing it began to rain and got windy. I now have a deeper respect for BIG SEMI TRUCKS! I told Tina when I got home "I could see how people get addicted to riding motorcycles".
The commute just got alot more fun and cheaper too!

-Norm

Weather today: Rainy, windy, and about 60 degrees.

No comments:

The blog of Norm (and family). loving God, loving my family, loving people, living my life so that God smiles. making a great cup of coffee. enjoying time with my family. being the Church.